Tuesday, August 18, 2009

'Frames' Wallpaper


For a while now, I've been contemplating wallpapering my house. Not the whole house, mind... I'm not nearly brave enough for that. But a room, or at least a wall within a room. 

Anyway. A couple of years back I stumbled upon an image of this 'frames' wallpaper, used in somebody's home and featured in an international design magazine and I fell in love. Then I saw it on a home renovation show whilst I was holidaying in the UK. After that, it kept popping up everywhere. I don't know why, but for some reason I assumed it would not be available in Australia, and put it to the back of my mind.

Today, I was browsing the Australian distributor's website for wallpaper company Graham and Brown and THERE IT WAS! My Frames wallpaper; just one click away from my mailbox. And, at just $99 a roll, it was an absolute steal. I restrained myself (barely), as convincing my other half that any choice of wallpaper is (a) a great idea and (b) not something I will get sick of in three months is something I will have to be strategic about. I do sort of have a tendency to want to change things fairly consistently, and wallpaper is a touch harder to remove than say, paint. 

But that wallpaper! The possibilities are endless... paint or draw onto it directly; paste photographs or drawings onto it; or leave it blank! I adore the concept of an ever-changing artwork evolving over time. 

Now, if I can just work out how to get it over the line...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x