Monday, August 31, 2009

Spring!!!



Tomorrow is the first day of Spring! I have been counting down since, oh the start of Winter, as warm weather and sunshine makes me happy in a way that cold and shorter days do not. Spring!

The following phrase, from a Dylan Thomas poem describes, to me, the essence of Spring:

' the force that through the green fuse drives the flower.'

Isn't that beautiful?

Spring for me is a celebration of life, and a time to appreciate the simple beauty that is all around us. The sunlight is starting to creep through the blinds earlier, and I walk outside into the garden in the morning to discover a new blossom or flower in bloom. 

Now that Spring has arrived, I am motivated again to get creative. The following really cute project I discovered on Beach Vintage got me thinking... those yo yo's are so cute, and would look gorgeous sewn onto little Summer singlets for Fern, or perhaps onto a cushion. 


Then there's this tutorial for a cute headband (or brooch), from Nest Decorating:


Or, because I am somewhat obsessed with butterflies at the moment, check out this gorgeous artwork idea from Lollychops:


Then there's this sweet idea for crocheted cupcakes from the Haby Goddess.... though this is less likely as my knitting skills leave a lot to be desired.


I could go on and on... but before I start ANY of the above projects I need to concentrate on designing the invitations for my daughter's Naming Dedication. I've bought the papers and come up with a design, I just need to get cracking putting it all together! Right, less blogging, more scissoring.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x