Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Butterfly Brain

Bedlinen...



Nursery decorations...



Artwork...

  
(Image above from Ish and Chi)

hmmm, do we detect a pattern here? I seem to have butterfly brain at the moment. I'm not sure when it started but it would seem I am rather obsessed. 

Fern's Naming Ceremony is coming up next month and the theme is.... you guessed it. A Naming Day is sort of like a Christening but without the churchy bit and I've gone more than a little butterfly mad. The invitations; the favours; the decorations; the cakes; and if I can coordinate an actual butterfly release on the day I don't think it will be too tacky... will it?


My invites, using Christina Re papers

I thought about making butterfly cakes (you know, the ones where you chop the top bit off the cake, cut in half  and stick it on the top with cream) but then I found this image. And why use mock-cream when I can adorn a plate of freshly baked cupcakes with these gorgeous pastel gems? 


Image from Not Quite Nigella

As usual I'm obsessing over the small details without thinking about the bigger picture. But if it it looks pretty everyone will overlook the fact that I've forgotten something major --- right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x