Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Plucky Rubber Ducky

Fern's 1st birthday is rapidly approaching, and I am currently juggling Christmas preparations with the organisation of a very special 'rubber ducky' birthday party. I made my invites, and on the front of the invitation, I decided to take a photo of Fern sitting peacefully on the couch holding a rubber ducky. A smile would have been a bonus. Should have been soooo simple right? But I was forgetting the last time I tried to stage a posed photo of a baby. 46 photos later, I kinda gave up on my original idea:

- She tried to eat the duck.
- She was more interested in the Christmas Tree next to the couch and kept crawling onto the armrest to pull off the decorations.
- She stared sombrely down the lens, refusing to smile. For 35 shots.

My husband took pity and brought out the big guns -- party whistles and poppers -- to cajole Fern to turn that frown upside down! Here are some of the snaps that didn't make the cut:








... and the winner? Drum roll please..................


I loooove this shot, even though it is far from what I first envisaged. In fact, it may be one of my most favourite of her ever! Which one would you have picked?

4 comments:

  1. I would have picked the same one!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one!! Very Cheeky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the one you've gone with! It's so hard getting that perfect shot sometimes isn't it? I tried getting a photo of Grace in front of our Christmas tree yesterday and none of the ones I took were what I was after!! Love your rubber duck theme and can't wait to see what you come up with for Fern's birthday - I'll be looking to you for inspiration and ideas for Grace's first birthday :) Also, there's a little award for you over at my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, the last is a winner! she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x