Monday, October 26, 2009

Fern's Way

Just one more gratuitous mention of Fern's Naming Day and then I promise to leave it alone...

Yesterday I was given a CD of images my sister in law took on the day. There are some amazing images, inspiring me to put together a photo montage of the day, something I'll get started on this week... but what I really wanted to share with you was this image:



Have a look near the top right hand corner where you will see a little wooden signpost that spells 'Fern's Way'. My husband's parents have adorably named various sections of their 20 acre property with the names of each of their seven grandchildren. I almost forgot, until I saw this image! Fern's ceremony was held right there, in front of the fountain with her little signpost to the side.  

I also wanted to share the below image, which captures the personality of my little girl (and her jewellery fetish - she is her mother's daughter) and her two amazing Godparents beautifully and is, for all its imperfection, my favorite image from the day. 



ps. I am very excited -- this week I will reveal my long awaited backyard blitz!! It is 95% complete, and I cannot wait a second longer to share!

Thanks for reading, and have a great week xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x