Friday, January 22, 2010

Creative Play Spaces

Lately I've been thinking a lot about play spaces. Now that Fern has turned one, I'd really like to set up a little space for her to explore and be free to play and be creative. The problem is, I don't have unlimited space, and it is looking like she will have a little corner in the living room while I contemplate turning the guest room into a playroom one day.

But this doesn't mean Fern's 'little corner' can't still be gorgeous... right?? So, next week my project is to get to work on Fern's play space.

Have you found any great sites with inspiring pictures of children's play spaces?

My favourite (and about the only one I've found that comes remotely close to what I'm looking for, is from OhDeeDoh where I sourced the following images. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!





5 comments:

  1. Great blog woman!
    I love the second pic best.
    Lots of patterns and textures.
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! Though they may have a touch more space to work with than me... thanks so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics Nicole! I love the colours in the first but the set up of the second is my fave. We are starting to have the same issue here... Grace's toys are slowly infiltrating the house and it would be nice to have a set 'play area' for her. We don't have a full room to dedicate to it, so we'd have to have a little play 'nook' like you're suggesting. Keep us posted of what you come up with! Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love playspaces! They are one of my favorite places to decorate!!! These are amazing!!

    If you would like come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

    I have a new giveaway every Sunday so be sure to follow me...if you want?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I to like creative space for children and always think about what I can create for them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x