Monday, August 3, 2009

Scrabble art...

What do you get when you cross...

... an old canvas; a black tube of paint, and a $5 game of Scrabble found at the OpShop??

   

I'm creating an art wall in my home (in the bathroom no less, but that's another story) and looking to fill it with inspiring, creative works made both by myself and by individuals far more talented than I. When I found the Scrabble set I couldn't help but buy it; there are so many ways to use the old tiles -- to make jewellery or cards, or to create an original artwork like the one I've come up with below. Only problem with my original configuration was there were not enough 'H's... and it didn't look quite as effective using the blank square... however, with a little playing around I came up with the below. Not bad  I thought for an artwork that cost me <$10!



What fabulous artworks have you developed on the cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x