Wednesday, December 22, 2010

That's Me... Over and Out!

Dearest friends, Christmas is just around the corner and so, with a billion things to do and a recently expanded family to focus on, I'm going to make this my last post for a while. Well, until New Year, anyway. But Im not going far, and when I do come back I am hoping to have had a little facelift (my blog, that is!) So please, make yourself some popcorn during this intermission but don't go anywhere because programming will recommence shortly!

But before I go, can I just acknowledge a few people:

Firstly, to my sister Louise who had no way of knowing how crap I've been feeling about myself of late (and neither did you - but I'm sharing it now!) but somehow bought me the perfect Christmas pressie: a massage and facial at a very luxurious dayspa! I can't tell you how much I need this, and when I can convince myself its ok to un-velcro myself from Elliott for more than an hour at a time, I plan to spend a good half day pampering and primping there! My sister also bought Elliott an amazing mobile from Etsy which sparkles in the sunlight but which I have only just mounted. It's beautiful, and so is she. Thankyou, Louise you are so precious to me...


Secondly, to the very sweet Sophie at Red Dust Love who bestowed the 'Blog With Substance' Award upon me, and to Emma Jane from Emma Jane Forever who offered me a 'Cherry on Top' award this week! I am so flattered, and as always just a tiny bit surprised... you mean people actually read my blog and (gulp) like it?! Thanks gorgeous girls, you made my week!


And thirdly, can I thank you. For reading what I write. For leaving me the most supportive comments and keeping me keeping going with this blog even when I think its all too much. Thankyou!

And so. I guess it's Chou for now! I wish you and your family the merriest of Christmases and I can't wait to see what's in store for 2011! Please, you have license to let me know what you like and don't like about this blog - what you want to see more (and less!) of next year. And whether you think I should have changed my blog name when I had Elliott!

ps. Yes. I know I am yet to post those pics of Fern and Elli's cubby. Naughty naughty me! It's because - after 3 weeks - I am STILL painting the darn thing! Its a work of art, I can tell you! Or maybe its that Im an atrocious painter. One of the two. But you have my word those pics will be in my very next post. Promise.

Love to you all!! x

9 comments:

  1. See you in the New Year! :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actully just at Red Dust Love and I couldn't agree more... What a great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! I very much look forward to reading your blog in 2011 (and the new year will sparkle with unknown and yet to be revealed magic).I love reading your blog- it's real and honest- you're open and that's a rare find these days. So many people paint a perfect picture about their lives and we believe that's how life is supposed to be, but there are bumps in the road that keep it challenging-try to remember these help us to gauge the good times too.As a mum of twin sons plus another son I can always understand where you're coming from. Your humor and quips, ideas and inspirations keep so many- including me reading, laughing, identifying and nodding knowingly - you're doing an awesome job! Merriest Christmas to you - relax, rest (as much as a mum can) and see you (read you) when you return xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. many thanks Kalen and Jen and Leticia -- thankyou for that awesome feedback! So much appreciated! Merry Xmas to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Christmas to you and your gorgeous family Nicole! I love your blog just the way it is, your funny mummy stories are my fav as they make me happy to know I'm not the only one dealing with the same things. Have a great break and I look forward to reading your new adventures in 2011!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. merry christmas to you and all the best in the new yr. the mobile is quite stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaawe I feel all acknowledged and stuff :-) Love you big sis. More and more with every passing year. Your my inspiration, my motivation, my conscience and friend. I'v looked up to you my whole life and wish nothing but the best of everything for you.

    I love you

    Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better miss Nicole and had a wonderful Christmas day. Can't wait to see you in Sydney in the new year. Yayee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Christmas as a little family of 4 was a wonderful one Nicole and that Fern is enjoying her new cubby. I love your blog exactly as is and look forward to more of your wonderful posts in 2011. Big hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x