When I say noises, they weren't crying noises, and were soft enough that I figured she must have woken from her sleep early and was now calling out to me.
This is what I found when I entered the nursery:
At first glance, there's not much wrong with this picture. But what you need to know is that when I put Fern to bed:
- The quilt was hanging over the side of the cot
- The mosquito net was draped evenly on the wall behind the cot
- The teddy bear was sitting in the top right-hand corner
- The pillows and owl were also neatly stacked at the top end
- My daughter was safely ensconced in her Safe-T-Sleep, unable to sit or stand until I unwrapped her. Or until she took matters (and the velcro) into her own hands...
I couldn't help but laugh. I grabbed the camera and quickly snapped these pics. Then, I climbed into the cot and lay down next to Fern and we played for a little while before I climbed back out, reinstated everything and ordered her back to sleep.
Just another day in the Cleary household...