Monday, May 28, 2012

What to do with those ole Vintage Handkerchiefs...

There is something unapologetically nostalgic about floral, pastel, musty smelling 'kerchiefs from the yesteryear, non? I think so, anyways...

Recently, I acquired a little collection of them. There they were, all standing in a row. Big ones, small ones... I couldn't stash them away, I just couldn't.

So I didn't.

I made this with them instead:




Sigh. Bunting is fabulous at the best of times, but I love how unique this string is, that it is both handmade AND repurposed with a touch of vintage. Despite how much I love it hanging in Fern's room, I can't keep it. Fern already HAS a string of bunting that was handmade when she was one by her nan and I and I have no other suitable home for it in my home... 

So! My lovingly constructed string of bunting is up for sale in my store for $29.95 and I am excited to see it go to a loving home. Visit my store to view and tell me..... what other ideas how you to repurpose old handkerchiefs? Do share, because I'd love to give another project a go!

ps. For those of you who admired Fern's crochet rug that I consigned for her bedroom recently, you can buy your very own here. I was well pleased with mine and I'm sure you could ask for custom colours as the shop owner is very obliging and I'm still marvelling at what a great job she did of Fern's!

Have a great week, peeps! xx

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea for handkerchiefs! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm 20 weeks pregant & i don't know if it's a boy or a girl. I have a strong feeling i'm having a girl,if i knew for sure i'd definitely want this for the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naaaaaw this is so pretty...makes me clucky for a girl..but I aint going there! Are you coming to the Etsy Success Sydney this weekend? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Nicole. How I loved my old hankies as a little girl... wish I'd kept them. I know my Mama still has pretty handkerchiefs, so I might check in with her.
    You're so clever to think of bunting too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet! Would you like to follow each others blog on GFC? XoXo

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x