Friday, July 16, 2010

Imagine Sleeping at the Library!

There isn't much I truly miss of my 'old' life. You know... Before nappies. Before teething. Before crumbs permanently smushed into my suede sofa.

But I admit that high up on the short list of things I've had to give up or pack away temporarily for my 'new' life include reading. And I don't mean wearily scanning 7 pages before bed at the end of another exhausting day... I mean reading. In the most luxurious sense of the word.

- Lying in the bath for an hour - topping up the hot water every 10 mins, reading a trashy romance novel
- Sprawling out under the Elm on a picnic blanket on a glorious sunny day with an icy tonic-and-lime and the latest Home Beautiful.
- Curling up on the couch all Sunday afternoon under a doona with a cup of hot chocolate and one of the classics...

Sigh.

Reading for me, now, feels like a guilty indulgence. Something that I do while I SHOULD be doing something else. Something I do between doing other stuff.

Then I stumbled upon this hotel in Koh Samui, Thailand.

Dear God. If you are listening, I'd really love to stay in this hotel.

It's called 'The Library" and it had me at the name! And it's design ethos?:

Real happiness is not complicated at all
If we know how to utilise it.
Basic simple things in life and existing natural resources are more than valuable in itself
We need only time and space to feel, touch and treasure it.

Moreover, the Library says it "aims to share happiness in another angle of view on how to spend valuable time when on vacation."

Quite frankly, the place looks amazing. The architecture. The rooms. The red pool. The library!! Sigh.... enjoy your weekend - I'll be spending mine in dreamland!
x





4 comments:

  1. Oh Yes...those days...aha...I remember..and Im sighing a big SIGH with you...but I wouldnt change it for the world..now my reading is more childrens books...but if it encourages my little one to perhaps enjoy the luxury of reading..as mum does..or did..then thats a bonus.

    Love this place...red pool though ..kinda freaked me out..Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - I used to love reading and would often stay up late reading 'just one more chapter'. Nowadays, I'm out like a light the minute my head hits the pillow and it takes me forever to get through a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm pretty small. May actually fit into a suitcase. Just putting it out there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGREE! I LOVE that hotel. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x