... and here's what I whipped up in literally 15 minutes on Saturday afternoon:
This little jar of hearts makes me super happy and can perch merrily on a sunny windowsill, or perhaps be used as a party favour, or propped upon a shelf... so many options! Fern prefers to use hers as a must ache....
If you like this little jar of hearts and would like to make your own, heres a simple instruction guide just for you!
You will need:
- Coloured felt
- bamboo skewer or similar
- Needle and thread
- Sewing machine (or handset if you are keen)
1. On a scrap of paper, fold in half and draw half of you love heart shape so that when you cut around you have a perfectly symmetrical love heart!
2. Use this folded piece as your template, tracing around your folded felt piece and cutting out. You will need two of each colour to make one love heart.
3. Pin the two felt shapes together and sew around the outside leaving a few cm's down one side. Remove pins and turn inside out. Stuff with wadding, then sew side closed with needle and thread. Stick the pointy end of your skewer up the pointy end of your love heart ;) ........... step back, and admire your handiwork!!
4. Continue until you have lots or just a few and smile... don't you just love your jar 'o' hearts? xx